We’re “do it yourselfers” ourselves – so we understand the satisfaction you get from building something by hand. That’s why we built the first Ammodor back in 1998. If you’re the DIY type, we’ve created our Ammodor DIY Ammo Can Cigar Humidor Kit just for you!
Now you can purchase all the materials and hardware needed to build your own ammo can cigar humidor in any popular ammo can size. It’s a quick, fun and inexpensive project that you can do in an afternoon – no tools required and no previous experience with woodworking needed.*
Our “The 30” size ammo can humidor DIY Kits include the following:
- 1. Two long side wall pieces and two short side wall pieces of 1/4″ solid wood Spanish Cedar. Professional cut to size with 45 degree corners added.
- 2. One bottom/floor piece of 1/4″ Spanish Cedar veneered plywood.
- 3. A self adhesive piece of olive drab green felt for the bottom of your humidor – to prevent it from scratching table top surfaces.
- 4. A syringe of Titebond III wood glue to use during assembly. It’s the strongest, FDA approved food safe, low-VOC/odorless and non-toxic glue you can get!
- 5. A piece of 180 grit sandpaper to use for final sanding.
- 6. Detailed instructions on how to assemble can be found here.
- 7. Unlimited support and one-on-one guidance from an Ammodor expert should you have any questions during assembly.
Get all the hardware you need for your new humidor with our convenient Basic or Deluxe packages – plus you’ll get extra bundle savings!
- • Basic Issue:
Ammo can humidor, Boveda 69% humidity pack humidifier, a Boveda 84% seasoning pack and Ammodor Decal.
- • Deluxe:
Ammo can humidor, Boveda 69% humidity pack humidifier, a Boveda 84% seasoning pack, Xikar Digital Hygrometer and Ammodor Decal. Our most popular option!
Don’t have an ammo can? No problem! Add one of our US Military surplus ammo cans – MUST BE CLEANED PRIOR TO USE!
View complete DIY Kit assembly instructions here. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
* PLEASE NOTE: Our DIY Kits are cut to size to fit MOST ammo cans. Due to age and condition of your ammo can, it could differ slightly in size. For this reason, we can NOT guarantee fit and in very rare instances some cutting and/or sanding may be required for best fit.
Brad Irish (verified owner) –
Kevin supplied a high quality, timely delivered, perfectly fit kit for all nine of my ammo cans. Couldn’t be happier. Easy to assemble, look great, and will make great gifts! Kudos and Essayons!
WALT (verified owner) –
Thank you Kevin for your awesome craftsmanship and assistance. I purchased this DIY kit for a friend who likes DIY projects. Kevin was helpful & responsive to my many questions, and my friend is raving about the kit.